The 64th Annual LBI Surf Fishing Classic – Barnegat Light is the Perfect Spot!
The 64th Annual LBI Surf Fishing Classic is about to begin here on Long Beach Island and what better place to put your line in the water than Barnegat Light! Our north end town provides some of the best fishing on LBI and can help you bring in the big one! The tournament begins on Saturday, October 6th and runs until Sunday December 9th. Optimal fishing season here on LBI for those big bass!
Some History On The LBI Surf Fishing Classic
The tournament began in 1954 and is one of the nations oldest and most recognized surfcasting tournaments. The tournament runs for 9 weeks and gives anglers the chance to fish for the biggest striped bass and bluefish and win thousands of dollars in prizes.
• Largest Red Drum Each Segment – One $100 Cash Award (Legal Size: 18″ – 27″)
• Fisherman’s Headquarters Weekend Prizes – $100 Gift Certificate for Heaviest Striped Bass Each Saturday & Sunday.
• Lure Only – No Bait Prize: John Parzych, a long time friend and participant of the Classic, offers two custom rods; one to the largest bluefish and one to the largest striped bass caught on a lure (artificial). A conststant can not win both and can not win if already won in a previous year.
2018 Bonus Cash Days:
• October 7 – $500 Cash Award For The Largest Striped Bass
• October 12 – $250 Cash Award For Largest Striped Bass
(In honor of Robert “Jingles” O’Brien from Jingles B&T)
• October 19 – $250 Cash Award For Largest Striped Bass
(In honor of Ric O’Brien from Jingles B&T)
• October 31 – $500 Cash Award For Largest Striped Bass
(Courtesy of Surf City B&T)
• November 4 – $250 Cash Award For Largest Striped Bass
• November 16 – $500 Cash Award For Largest Striped Bass
(In Honor of Frank Panzone)
• November 22 – $250 Cash Award For Largest Striped Bass
(In Honor of Bruce Hoagland from the Hoagland Family)
• Dec 2 – $250 Cash Award For Largest Striped Bass
For a full list of prizes and rules head on over to the LBI Fishing Tournaments Website HERE.