The Barnegat Light Museum Fun Facts and History
The Barnegat Light Museum is operated by The Barnegat Light Historical Society and their main objective is to keep the history of Barnegat Light alive and available to the public through the preservation of local artifacts. When you enter the 106-year-old restored schoolhouse museum you will find pictures and artifacts that will take you through the long exciting history of Barnegat Light.
Fun Facts About the Museum:
• The museum was once a one-room schoolhouse for Barnegat Light from 1903-1954.
• The first ever Barnegat Lighthouse First Order Flashing Lens is kept in the museum and is dated bay to the 1800’s when the lighthouse was first constructed.
• Barnegat Light is known for its fishing and there are many artifacts on display in the museum that date back to the 1800’s.
• The museum is open June through October on weekends from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and July & August, daily from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Every second Thursday of the month The Barnegat Light Historical Society holds their monthly meetings. (New Members are always welcome!)
If you are taking the trip down to Barnegat Light, we highly suggest you check out the Barnegat Light Museum. It is filled with history from over a hundred years ago and truly displays the charm of Barnegat Light.